RF Engineer III
(US Project- 12+ Months Contract)
- Provide support to multi-functional team of R&D, Program Management, Core Networking, RF Engineering, Transport and Technical/Training
- Support to fulfill multi-technology wireless network deployment across customer markets
- Understand correlation between performance issues, performance metrics, RF parameters and layer 3 messaging
- Experience/knowledge of peg count/formulas and CSL data – Identify and resolve issues in network performance
- Design and implementation of eFEMTO, PICO hardware in support of Special Events or in-building coverage solutions
- Responsible for link budgets analysis, system dimensioning for coverage and capacity including traffic analysis, frequency planning, interference analysis and optimization
- Complete optimization techniques for optimal site/cluster performance (antenna selection, tilts, neighborlist, etc.)
- Proficient in neighbor list, parameters, tools and audit process
- Knowledge of commands, run scripts, macros, RF tools, Mapinfo – Optimize site/cluster performance and resolve trouble tickets through reports, tools, scanner and drive test analysis
- Complete propagation (Planet, Tornado, Wizard, Odyssey, dB Planner, etc.) for model calibration, drive test data post-processing, map generation, frequency planning and interference matrix analysis, site database maintenance, etc.
- Work with the Implementation and Operations Teams on the cell site’s antenna and RF equipment configuration and database parameters
- Present ideas, technical and non-technical, in a logical, compelling manner in a written format and verbally
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering; Masters Degree a plus; 8+ yrs. work experience in the wireless industry.
- Successful track record defining direction and providing specific instruction for engineering projects/programs leveraging personal knowledge and organizational skills to increase team efficiency, facilitate personal development and mentor colleagues.
- Demonstrated research and problem solving skills via prior work experience. Experience with wireless infrastructure provider and/or operator is desired.
- A solid understanding of RF fundamentals and data network protocols
- Strong technical knowledge of CDMA/EVDO and LTE/Volte technologies
- Experience with parameter optimization, testing, drive-data and peg count analysis is required
- Must have a strong work ethic, integrity and work extremely well in a team environment
- Must have an aptitude for creativity and innovation
- Programming knowledge and experience a plus: PERL, VBA, PHP
- DAS and In Building experience a plus
- Advanced working knowledge of Base Station Vendor equipment (Samsung, Alcatel Lucent, Ericsson)
- Proficient in the use of Mapping Software, such as, MapInfo, , Data Collection and Post processing SW such as XCAL, XCAP, Actix, Windcatcher etc.
- Experience with RF propagation planning tools a plus
- Advanced working experience on Microsoft Excel, Power Point and Access Database
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast paced environment
- Understanding of Operational Metrics, formulae and experience with Network Monitoring tools
Please follow and like us: